Installation of trees and shrubs in a landscape is a vital importance of the total balance of the exterior of your home or business. Your trees and shrubs can represent up to 10 percent of your property’s value in addition to contributing to the beauty and atmosphere of your home or place of business.
At Thoms Bros. we are serious about landscape installation. Our people are well trained and understand that planting is more than just digging a hole. We do things right the first time and then back it up with at least a two- year guarantee.
Proper installation of woody ornamentals (trees and shrubs) includes, but are not limited to:
- Placement of plant at proper height
- Soil preparation
- Proper soil settlement of backfill immediately after planting to avoid air pockets
- Removing twine and burlap off of top of ball, or scoring roots of potted plants to prevent pot bound
- Staking of trees to prevent root damage in windy conditions
- Application of 5-in-1 Planting Complete Granules at time of planting
Along with proper installation techniques, Thoms Bros. knows that choosing the right plant for the right location and from the right supplier is key to a happy customer and a happy landscape. Plants are hand picked for proper health, uniformity, structure, and free of damage by highly trained professionals, which include Michigan Certified Nurseryman and/or Certified Landscape Technicians.