Environmental Philosophy and Services
At Thoms Bros. we are very committed in keeping our planet for the next generations. While there is no commandment per se to ‘love thy planet’, we believe that the Earth was created by God, and he gave ‘man’ dominion over his creation. And with dominion comes responsibility, or as believers like to say, ‘stewardship’. “Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it…” Genesis 2:15.
Thoms Bros. continually review the environmental impact of our services and products, and take actions to eliminate unacceptable risks to customers, employees, neighbors, and the communities in which we operate. Our commitment extends beyond expected compliance with environmental laws and includes the incorporation of sound environmental practices into our business decision-making processes. Over time the trends affecting our company, industry, standards by which we are measured, and tools available to us in this and every other facet of our business continue to evolve. We are committed to staying abreast of these changes and adapting our policies and practices accordingly.
With respect to the environment it is Thoms Bros.’ policy to:
- Maintain an organizational commitment to education and involvement regarding environmental issues affecting our industry and our Company.
- Employ our influence within the industry to promote the development and adoption of sound environmental practices and sustainable landscape management.
- Increase the representation of “environmentally friendly” products in our offerings where such claims can be reasonably substantiated and based, wherever possible, on scientifically credible product life cycle assessment criteria.
- Meet or exceed the requirements of applicable governmental laws and regulations dealing with environmental protection that pertain to our operations and expect the same from the vendors and manufacturers of the products we sell.
- Be attentive and responsive to the desires of our customers in our individual markets with respect to the environmental impact of our operations, the products we sell, and the services we provide.